Saturday, March 20, 2010

Another "Duh" Moment

So I went to the gym last night, after taking Thursday night off and feeling like I had something to prove after Wednesday's horrific performance. I'd say I kicked some ass, knocking out 26 serious minutes on the stair climber (320 calories burned), then spending 20 minutes on the treadmill (180 calories burned), then 25 minutes of weights, and finishing with another 6 minutes on the treadmill. I don't know what my total was, but I felt awesome.

Today, I spent 30 minutes on the stair climber and didn't feel like I was able to give it as much effort as last night. But immediately afterward, I got on the treadmill, walked for a minute, and then set the pace at a nice steady moderate jog. And started watching the idiots on Fox News discuss the health care bill and how horrible it is that it might actually pass. (Hooray!) The next thing I knew, I'd been running for 20 straight minutes.

Holy shit--20 minutes? I don't think I've ever, in my lifetime, run for 20 straight minutes. Seriously.

So I decided to see if I could go for a few more.

And I did. Then I walked for about 5 and then decided to run the last 2 minutes. Total time, 31 minutes, of which I only walked 6. Go, ME! :)

Amazing how much easier it is to be physically active when you haven't spent the day ingesting all manner of carbs and sugar.

Although, admittedly, it's also easier when there are cute boys to stare at.

No comments:

Post a Comment