Friday, March 5, 2010

Don't Be My Girlfriend

In my never-ending desire to live within driving distance of an H&M, I visited their website tonight to see if, by chance, one had moved into my neighborhood. I was disappointed, as usual. But I started flipping through the online version of their magazine, and saw something that disturbed me tremendously:

"The Girlfriend Look."

Say what?

"Style-conscious men are raiding their girlfriends' wardrobes."

Sho nuff, the dude pictured front and center is sporting longish hair (nothing wrong with this), a short beard (still pretty rugged), a black tank top (okay), black tight capris and black flip-flops. He's accessorizing with a sporty strand of black beads and a black man-purse.

Heyyyelll no.

Darling, if you're reading this, please understand one thing--I don't give a shit how en vogue it may become, I don't ever want to see you in any of my clothes.

Cuz you'll stretch them the hell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment