Friday, March 5, 2010

Now that that's off my chest...

The husband took Bob to the movies, so it's just me and the toddler tonight. He's chilling on the sofa with some Yo Gabba Gabba right now, and I'm looking forward to his bedtime so I can finally use the restroom.

Today was the day of the dreaded "health screening" at work. Apparently Blue Crap and Blue Shit offers incentives to companies who participate (i.e., give us your employees' stats so we can start charging you based on how many fatties you hire), so our employer in turn gives us incentive to participate ($10 off your premium a month--for $120 a year, I'll spend an hour being lectured by a fat nurse, no prob).

I didn't figure I had anything to worry about--I'm back on my diet/exercise bandwagon and last night weighed in with a 1.5 lb loss this week, heh--but considering I don't go to the doctor unless I'm, well, pregnant, I wondered what might turn up. All they did was calculate weight, height, BMI, fat percentage, total cholesterol, HDL or whichever one the "good" cholesterol is, and blood glucose.

I weighed in at a pound less what I weighed myself last night, my BMI was 23 (which I find high but is in the normal range), body fat was 27% (again, this seems high to me but is still in the mid-range of normal), cholesterol 164, HDL 64, glucose 92, blood pressure 110/68. So yeah, I'm going to live. Unless I get hit by a bus on my way to the gym.

So yeah, I guess I'm on the right track. Even a year ago those numbers wouldn't have been as good. So I suppose I'll buy some more spinach and not revert to Hardees for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment