Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Random Wednesday

My coffee tasted weird this morning. I don't know if it's because, during my week of Gift Card debauchery, I got accustomed to the taste of a skim iced latte from FiveBucks as opposed to one from my kitchen, or if it had something to do with the quality of the milk in my fridge. Either way.

I'm trying not to eat and wondering what more I can cut out from my daily food intake. I refuse to give up my occasional indulgences. But I don't seem to be able to get below 125 and that's irritating the shit out of me. I refuse to accept some lame excuse like "you're over 35, get used to it" or something along those lines. But unless I start cutting out all carbs and resign myself to a lifetime of bunny food, I'm not sure what to do.

At least my motivation at the gym is back. Gym Candy has returned and I know it's wrong but dammit, I'm just browsing, I'm not making any purchases. I can't help it he looks just like the dude I had a crush on in high school for like, 15 years. I can't help it he apparently has the same gym schedule I do. I can't help it that watching him do pullups somehow motivates me to give that elliptical machine just a few minutes more of my time. Maybe I should offer him $20 a week to follow me around and ask me "do you really need that?" every time I start to eat something. But that would require him to join my family for dinner, and that would be awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment