Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back in the Saddle

The toddler got a rocking/bouncing horse for Christmas this year. It's pretty awesome--bungee technology has replaced the old flesh-catching springs of yore--but for about the first week after the holiday, he wouldn't go near it. Only after Ben demonstrated what it could do and gave it a name ("Rufus") did he show any interest. Now it's fairly common for him to perch on it while watching his favorite tv show.

I felt a bit like I'd climbed back on my own horse today. Going in to work to start Week 3 didn't feel nearly as odd and daunting as it has the past two. It helped that (1) the fog that's been hovering over the metro area for the past week lifted; (2) I washed my car yesterday, and that combined with (1) allowed me to actually see where I was going; (3) I wasn't afraid for my life due to icy interstates; and (4) I'm sort of settling into this new morning routine.

Although I was highly annoyed this morning. Some stupid bird made its way into our furnace and flew out at my face as I walked to the dryer this morning. (Said bird has since been found dead in the basement--thanks, cats.) And speaking of annoying and germ-ridden things, db is back on his "drugs are bad" kick and I had another lovely email from him waiting in my in -box this morning. Uuuugggghhh.

Still, things are going rather well on the work front. And tomorrow they're actually going to spend some time with the whole team reviewing our case management software. Yippee! Maybe now I'll finally really know what I'm doing, instead of just thinking I know what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment