Saturday, January 16, 2010

Siiiiiiick

I don't know what happened.

I had a skim latte and a peanut butter granola bar for breakfast. I had a (shitload) of steamed cauliflower and broccoli with a little cheese and some chicken for lunch. I had another granola bar and a small vending machine bag of chili-cheese Fritos for a snack. I also had a couple of Hershey's miniatures. I had a few slices of a chicken/red pesto pizza we made for dinner. And around 7:00pm, when I dropped off Bob, I started seriously thinking "I don't want to go to the gym. I want to go home and lie down and possibly die."

I felt like absolute shit. My head hurt, my stomach hurt, and I could easily have fallen asleep in my car, had I not been responsible for driving it. Still, I figured if I went home, I would lie down, not get up til morning, and feel like a sloth. There was the possibility a workout would wake me up and make me feel better. So to the gym I went.

I got on a treadmill and started walking. It became apparent relatively quickly I would not be doing anything more strenuous than that. I managed to eke out 18 minutes of walking before I decided I needed to get to a restroom STAT and then leave.

Once I got home, I took my place on the sofa with a blanket and didn't move until Ben prodded me and moved me upstairs to our bed, where I huddled in the fetal position until around 3am. At that point, I got up to pee, and while I was seated on the toilet with my pants at my ankles, my dinner decided it wanted to exit post haste. This is a rather unfortunate situation, indeed.

Note to self--our bathroom sink doesn't drain so well, so unless you're certain it's dry heaves, refrain from puking into it at all costs.

After that, I felt considerably better, so I thought perhaps the red pesto just hadn't set well with me and went back to bed, planning on a normal Saturday of grocery shopping, working out, an anniversary lunch with Ben at the Indian buffet, and cleaning the house. Instead, I woke up feeling like I'd pulled an all-nighter--that dehydration headache and achy feeling that usually I only feel after I've consumed mass quantities of hard liquor. Ick. I took a couple of Advil and swore I would sleep it off.

I got up an hour later, showered, dressed, dusted the upstairs, put my face on, and the three of us went to the Indian buffet. I was doing pretty well until I looked down at my plate of vegetable korma and had a sudden flashback to the contents of my bathroom sink c. 3:15am.

Ew.

After that, I stuck with kheer and masala tea. When we got home, I resumed my position on the sofa and stayed there, drifting in and out of consciousness, for the next several hours.

Bleah.

I don't know if I've eaten something that isn't in agreement with the rest of me, or if I've caught some sort of nasty contagion. I just want it to exit my body, post haste.

No comments:

Post a Comment