Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year, New You!

Whatever. I was exactly the same yesterday morning when I woke up as I had been the morning prior. Maybe another day older. But essentially unchanged. And I'll be glad when January 15 rolls around--not because it's payday (it isn't for me anymore), but because all the Resolutionaries will have fallen off their respective wagons and returned to their old selves and can stop going on about how it's a NEW YEAR! and a NEW THEM!

I'll also be glad for January 15 because by that time, my new job won't be quite as new, and we'll hopefully all be well over our Holiday Hangover--that sluggishness and mildly depressed state that comes from the long holiday break, most of which is spent hiding indoors because it's balls freezing cold out there. (And you're broke, so you can't do anything anyway.)

I went to the gym yesterday and spent 45 minutes on the elliptical, then for shits and grins (and because the place was very dead), I decided to see what the rowing machines are all about. Mama like. After 2 minutes I had burned 27 calories (according to the machine) and was about to pass out. I can see how this could be an exciting addition to my routine. Cardio and strength all at the same time? Kick ass!

Ben decided last night we should try taking the toddler out for lunch at our favorite Indian buffet, Swagat. I needed to meet up with my parents to give them back the video camera they got Bob for Xmas (which went tits up by 12/28), so I called them to see if they wanted to meet us. Surprisingly, they met us for lunch--I don't think Indian food will hit their top 10 list anytime soon, but they did pick up the tab, which was an unexpected and pleasant surprise. The toddler was even well-behaved and didn't make a mess. I packed his crayon cache in the diaper bag on my way out the door, and I credit it for keeping him entertained while we ate. It caught the attention of a little girl and her mother at the next table, so maybe these things will sell better than I think once the website is up. It caught my mother's attention, as well, and she wants to try to sell them as a fundraiser for some church thing she's involved in. I'd take a $5 hit on the deal, but it might be worth it to get the word out. Nothing like "free" advertising, after all.

I'm going to get out of my pajamas in a few minutes and go to the gym. As much as I'd rather call it a night--it is really that frigging COLD out there--I will suck it up because, well, I'm afraid if I don't, I'll pass out on the sofa before 9:00. And that would be lame. Really, really lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment